Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Joe Puente's services for travel donations

A recent letter of appeal...

Greetings, friends and colleagues.

As many of you know, I'm trying to scrape together some money so that I can visit my Dad for Christmas in Idaho.

I have received a few donations in the spirit of the season and for that I am truly grateful!

I also want everyone to know that I have some skills that could be of use to many in the business, film and arts communities and for the next couple of weeks I'm offering those services in a "Name-Your-Own-Price"* model with all fees going toward the budget to fund my trip.

Actors:
One thing that might appeal to you are head shots! I'm a pretty good photographer and I would be happy to take some head shots for you at a location of your choosing in the Salt Lake area—several different backgrounds, poses and whatnot—all for the bargain price of... whatever you would like to donate to "Operation: Surprise Joe's Dad for Christmas!"

Writers:
Whether you write screenplays, novels, short stories or essays, I can do some proofreading and editing for you. Again, for a nominal fee defined by YOU! I can also offer some basic critique if you like.

I too am a writer and can put together anything from formal correspondence to business plans and even resume writing services.

Producers/Filmmakers:
As a filmmaker myself, I have some production experience under my belt in addition to being an actor. In exchange for your kind donation, I'm offering my services both in front of and behind the camera. If I don't quite fit the character-type you're looking for, then by all means, I can work on your crew for an upcoming project in any capacity from Producer to PA—More specifically, "Super-PA™" (For more information on what that entails, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/SuperProductionKit )

Entrepreneurs:
Thinking about starting your own business? Believe it or not, I offer consultations for people looking into self-employment. I've done a lot of research and have practical experience with setting up S-corps, LLCs, non-profit organizations and sole proprietorships. Let me help you figure out what model might work best for you. I normally charge $50/hour for consults but I'm consulting for donations for the next couple of weeks.

To give you an idea of what I need and where I'm at, here's a rough breakdown:

I'm making this trip in my car and to ensure that I do it safely, I'm getting some necessary repair work done (new brakes among other items). Cost for these repairs is going to be around $250 for parts and labor. I'm figuring my travel expenses (gas and food, primarily) will be around $150. So, I'm trying to raise close to $400.

So far, I'm about halfway there. I have until December 19th to get the rest of the way. So, if there's a service that I can provide in return for a donation to the cause, please contact me at this e-mail address: josephlpuente@yahoo.com and/or by phone at (801) 608-4724

Thank you all so much for helping me to make my Dad's Christmas.

Sincerely,

Joe Puente

If you have a PayPal account, you can book me or send a donation directly to me by logging into PayPal.com, clicking on the "Send Money" tab and then clicking on the "Send Money Online" link and entering "puente@iname.com" in the "To" field.

If you don't have PayPal, you can still make an online contribution to the operation by clicking on the button below (be sure to include a note if there's some service that I can provide as well):



Thank you very much for considering my efforts and for your support.

*You can pay whatever you want for these services, though I hope you will consider donating something close to what you think the work is worth.
------------------------------------------
http://www.joepuente.net
http://www.utahfilmmakers.org
http://www.puentemedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment